Thursday, June 30, 2011
Pine Ridge Country Club
30601 Ridge Road
Shotgun start at 12:30pm
$110 per golfer*/ $440 per foursome includes:
• Sign-in at 11:30am w/ use of practice greens
• 18 hole scramble w/ cart
• Lunch at the turn
• Dinner: buffet dinner featuring chef carved prime rib & chicken marsala
• Skins game, 50/50, door prizes & silent auction of sports memorabilia items
• Each golfer will receive a gift when they arrive
• Individual golfers welcome- we'll put you on a team
• Prizes awarded to top 3 teams
• Winning team will receive a free spot in the 2012 Bengal Outing
Dinner only option for $35 per person
Sponsorships Available and Appreciated
* $95 per golfer/ $380 per foursome if entry received before July 8th, 2011.
Download registration here.
For more info contact Coach Sliwinski.
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
What do Hall of Fame Baseball Player Phil Niekro and Randy Cooper ‘05 have in common? If you said “the knuckleball,” you are correct. Niekro may have won 300+ games and played well into his 40's but Randy is having fun and still pitching in an adult Washington D.C. summer league.
The knuckleball is one of those pitches that has confused hitters forever. Its thrown slow, slower and even slower yet. Depending on the weather, no one knows where it will land or which direction it will move.
In his most recent start Randy threw 5 innings. He gave up 2 hits, 1 walk, 1 unearned run, and struck-out 4. He was the pitcher of record and earned the win.
When he's not throwing the "floater" and baffling hitters in the D.C. area Randy is currently working for the National District Attorney's Association in Alexandria, VA.
Monday, June 13, 2011
From the Benedictine Baseball Staff and Community.